Tulsa Time: 60 Second Interview With Reliever Sean Jarrett
Besides seeing the Tulsa Drillers play at ONEOK Field during the season, what do you really know about the 2011 Drillers players outside of the baseball setting? It is quite hard for Drillers fans to get to know the players throughout the year as the team is either on the road or in the midst of a long homestand.
Where is their favorite restaurant in Tulsa? Do you have a pre-game routine? Facebook or Twitter? These are just a couple of the questions we sat down and asked the players if they could answer.
However, during the interview each player would be allowed only one minute to answer all 17 questions.
A native of Westminster, Colorado, a suburb of Denver, Sean Jarrett is extremely familiar with the Rockies system.
Besides growing up outside of Denver, Jarrett also attended Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma, which is also home to the Rockies Double-A affiliate Tulsa Drillers. 2011 will be Jarrett’s second year with the team as the reliever went 3-1, with a 1.80 earned run average in 2010. His 1.80 earned run average was good enough for second on the team.
1. Subway, Quiznos, or Which Wich?
Sean Jarrett: “Tough one…..hum…..Quiznos”
2. Facebook or Twitter?
SJ: “Embarrassingly enough, I am on both.”
3. What is your favorite type of Music?
4. What is your favorite TV show? Past or Present?
SJ: “I really don’t watch too much television, so I really couldn’t tell you my favorite show.”
5. What is your favorite sport other than baseball?
6. And who is your favorite non-baseball athlete?
SJ: “Sam Salabura. He is just dominate on the golf course.”
7. Who was your idol when you were growing up?
SJ: “……I’d say my grandpa.”
8. What is your favorite meal?
SJ: “I don’t have a favorite meal per say, I just love food in general.”
9. Do you have a pre-game routine?
SJ: “Not really being a relief pitcher. But warming up out there I have a few things that I do consistently before coming in the game.”
10. What is your favorite restaurant in Tulsa?
SJ: “Cheddars. It’s really good food for a very affordable price.”
11. Who is the funniest Drillers teammate?
SJ: “Friedrich. No contest.”
12. Most embarrassing moment while playing?
SJ: “My cleats stuck together one game and I tripped running in from the bullpen.”
13. What is your nickname?
SJ: “Don’t ask me why…..but it’s Pablo.”
14. Chuck Norris or Scott Beerer?
SJ: “Chuck Norris. Only because Scott Beerer really scares me.”
15. Smooth or Crunchy Peanut Butter?
16. Billy Madison or Happy Gilmore?
SJ: “Either. Both are funny movies.”
17. Seinfeld or The Office?